Our response to the COVID19 outbreak
Facing the moment we all went through with the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, RoadCampers strives to meet this challenge, proritizing safety, health and community responsibility.
We have defined an Internal Protocol with a set of extraordinary measures, in order to avoid the spread and contamination with COVID-19 (coronavirus), following the guidelines given by the World Health Organization (WHO), Directorate-General for Health ( DGS) and other health and government authorities.
For our Clients
- Flexible Cancellation Policy
We have adjusted our Cancellation Policy allowing greater flexibility and security.
Up to 48 hours before the start of your reservation, you are entitled to a full refund of your reservation if you are unable to travel due to COVID 19 restrictions
(closed borders, positive test for Covid), which makes it impossible to pick up the vehicle or drive in territory Portuguese.
For this, it is necessary to present an official document proving the impossibility of traveling.
- When delivering the vehicle, RoadCampers adopted some basic procedures:
– Provides a video that explains the operation of the vehicle and its equipment, avoiding contact and proximity to it;
– Provides national procedures and contacts that the customer must use in case of experiencing any symptoms during the rental;
- Suspension of initial and farewell compliance (in the traditional way) between the RoadCampers team and their customers.
- In the case of face-to-face payments, RoadCampers has MBWAY and TPA with contactless.
Deep Cleaning of Vehicles and Equipment
- Between each rental, it is guaranteed sufficient time (at least 24 hours) in order to carry out an adequate cleaning and disinfection;
- When cleaning our vehicles, they are ventilated about thirty minutes before;
- Cleaning staff wear appropriate clothing, as well as gloves and a mask;
- While cleaning our vehicles, in addition to removing visible dirt, impurities and dust as part of regular maintenance, disinfectant products suitable for each surface are used, always based on bleach or alcohol at 70º (Source: WHO), with special attention to that they are more conducive to the spread of germs because we touch them frequently (for example: vehicle key, steering wheel, dashboard, curtains, skylights, spring buttons in drawers and cabinets
- All extra equipment (tables, chairs, boards, etc.) made available to our customers is washed and disinfected, always based on bleach or alcohol at 70º (Source: WHO);
- All textiles (pillows, sheets, etc.) made available to our customers are washed at a temperature of at least 60ºC, for a minimum of 30 minutes.
RoadCampers team and facilities
- RoadCampers team has personal protective equipment;
- RoadCampers team has information and complies with the basic precautions for prevention and infection control regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, including hand hygiene procedures, respiratory etiquette and social conduct, maintaining the recommended distance;
- RoadCampers facilities have dispensers of alcohol-based antiseptic solution or alcohol-based solution near the entry/exit points, as well as equipment for hand washing with liquid soap and wipes;
- The cleaning and disinfection of the RoadCampers installations is done daily with bleach-based products, with air renewal of the closed spaces.